The College Book Art Association is a nonprofit organization fundamentally committed to the teaching of book art at the college and university level, while also supporting other modes of education concerned with the practice and/or analysis of the medium. CBAA engages in a continuing reappraisal of the nature and meaning of book art education. Membership in CBAA is for all persons interested in the furtherance of the book arts, as well as those with parallel or intersecting goals and interests.
Membership in the association includes the following benefits:
- Project grants and scholarships for artists, teachers, and scholars. See more at http://www.collegebookart.org/page-1722646
- Attendance at the Biennial Conference and National Meeting, as well as eligibility to present papers
- Subscription to the CBAA newsletter
- Updates about Openings: Studies in Book Art, a scholarly journal supporting the mission of the organization by publishing peer-reviewed criticism and scholarship relevant to the book arts. The journal publishes scholarly articles, book reviews, and other works of interest to the CBAA mission
- Updates about CBAA’s Book Art Theory blog. See more at http://www.collegebookart.org/bookarttheory
- Eligibility to participate in CBAA’s Mentorship Program and access to its Internship Bulletin Board
- Access to shared information about pedagogy from other members and programs including syllabi, best teaching practices, and assignments
- Discounts on selected titles published by our partnered university presses
- Eligibility to participate in our regional and national members exhibitions
- Updates about CBAA’s Book Art Gives Back day. See more at http://www.collegebookart.org/Community-Service
- Eligibility for appointment to any of CBAA’s working committees, as well as nomination to its board of directors
Membership Types and Dues
Persons shall be admitted as members upon payment of dues to the on application to the Treasurer of the Association. Membership is for a calendar year. Membership initiation or renewal received after October 1 shall apply to the remaining calendar year as well as the next calendar year.
- Regular $50
- Student $20
- Sustaining $100
- Patron $150
- Recent Alumni 2-Year Discount $60
- Standard Institutional (4-member bundle) $150
- Patron Institutional (9-member bundle) $300
To Join or Renew
Our preferred method of payment for membership is by credit card at our online PayPal site. A PayPal Join CBAA with credit card online
account is not necessary to pay using this method.
Once you have made your online payment you will receive a confirming email and your membership
will be active.
We understand that some circumstances require payment by check. If you wish to join CBAA by sending
a check, please send it to:
12027 Bartlett Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98125-5836
Once we have received your check we will activate your membership.
For further information about CBAA membership, contact: