JURIED MEMBERS SHOW—CALL FOR ENTRIES
School of Fine Arts Gallery, Bloomington, IN January 13 - 29, 2011
A juried members exhibit will be held at the School of Fine Arts Gallery in Bloomington, Indiana during the 2011 CBAA biennial conference -WORD IMAGE TEXT OBJECT-hosted by Indiana University Bloomington, January 13-16, 2011.
Submission Form MS Word
Submission Form HTML
- Cynthia Marsh, Professor, Dir. Goldsmith Press, Austin Peay State University, TN
- Mary Phelan, Assoc. Professor, Book Arts/Printmaking, University of the Arts
- Steve Woodall , Director, Center for Book and Paper Arts, Columbia College Chicago
- Betsy Stirratt, Director, School of Fine Arts Gallery, Indiana University
- Samantha Weiss, Graduate Student, Arts Administration, Indiana University
This exhibit is open to work created by members of the CBAA, including artist books, fine press work, historical models, fine binding, sculptural books, book objects, zines and broadsides. Exhibitors must be a member of CBAA; join at www.collegebookart.org.
Entries must be received by August 15, 2010.
- Jurying will be based on digital image submissions.
- Entries must be submitted by e-mail only.
- A maximum of two pieces may be entered-three images for each piece entered should be submitted.
- Each entry should include a brief statement of content and a description of the production criteria established by the artist or publisher for the book being submitted. The jurors will refer to these statements during the selection process.
- The curators reserve the right to decline any accepted artwork upon delivery if condition or quality is other than represented in the electronic entry.
- 2 student exhibition conference travel assistance awards @ $400.00
- 3 exhibition awards @ $100.00
- 3 student exhibition awards @ $100.00
Work will be displayed on pedestals, shelves or walls. The Gallery is well staffed and secure. You may indicate if you do not want your work handled. All work must be ready to display. Book stands will be available if requested, or artists may provide their own. Wall pieces must be framed and ready to hang. For more information about the Gallery, please visit http://www.indiana.edu/~sofa/.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- August 15, 2010—Deadline for submissions
- October 21, 2010—Announcement of accepted entries
- December 2, 2010—Delivery of Artwork to SoFA Gallery
- January 13, 2011—Exhibition Opens
- January 14, 201I—Opening Reception
- January 29, 2011—Exhibition closes and all artwork will be returned or held for pickup
All submissions will be accepted through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please follow the directions below to submit. Please submit all of your information in ONE or TWO e-mail messages.
- Attach completed entry form. The form in Microsoft Word format can be downloaded HERE.
- Attach labeled images - three per piece. All images MUST be in jpeg format and labeled with the title of each work. (example: if you have three images for one work, title them title1.jpg, title2(detail).jpg, title3(detail).jpg. Each should be no larger than 1920 x1080 pixels and 1 MB.
NOTIFICATION, SHIPPING, AND AGREEMENT
Artists accepted for the exhibition will be notified via email by October 21, 2010.
The artist is responsible for shipping and insurance in transit for artwork sent to and from the SoFA Gallery. All work must be shipped in sturdy, reusable packing. Include a return address label, return postage and insurance. Clearly mark box and all packing materials with your name. Each piece must be labeled/wrapped with artist's name and title of piece clearly visible. Include pre-paid return postage when sending work. Accepted work must be received by December 2, 2010. Works shipped without return postage cannot be returned.
Ship work to:
CBAA Members Show/SoFA Gallery
1201 E. 7th Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
By submitting artwork, the artist agrees that images of selected artwork can be used to promote the show including publicity, catalogs and web site promotions. Copyright credit will be given to the artist. While in possession of the gallery, work will be insured for 50% of retail value up to $1500.00 ($3000.00 retail value).
The gallery is not responsible for damage resulting from poor workmanship, defects or lack of quality control of the artist, nor for inadequate packing or protection during shipping.
Upon delivery of each piece subject to this Agreement, Artist and Gallery shall execute a written Consignment/Loan Agreement documenting the value and the price at which the Gallery is authorized to sell the work. Artist shall receive 50% of the sale price resulting from any sales.
Submission of entry constitutes agreement to all conditions in this Call for Entries.
If you would like to donate your book/work to the artist's book collection in the Fine Arts Library at the conclusion of the exhibition, instead of having it shipped back to you, please note this on your entry form. The fine arts librarian will make any final determination before a donation can be approved. All approved donations will receive an official letter acknowledging the receipt of any such gift.
QUESTIONS? Contact Tony White, Conference Coordinator – email@example.com